View in Silverlight
Doyle Drive is being replaced with a parkway design including two sets of short tunnels, a wide landscaped median and traffic calming transitions to city streets.
The parkway will create:
- A spectacular regional gateway that respects the natural contours of the surrounding area and complements the unique environment of San Francisco and the Presidio, a national park.
- New direct access to the Presidio and enhanced views.
- A more centralized location for transit connections.
- Enhanced pedestrian connections within the Presidio to the Main Post, Crissy Marsh, the National Cemetery and historic batteries.
- Reduced light and noise intrusion at Crissy Field.
View an overview of the future roadway corridor